TikTok is a music video creation app that allows users to create fun, creative and engaging videos. This app provides users with lots of tools and options to enhance their creativity and innovation when it comes to their content.
Since its launch in 2022, TikTok has grown to a huge user base. But this actually makes it even harder for user videos to “trend” on the platform. Therefore, it would be really cool if you could have multiple TikTok accounts.
People were complaining about this for a long time before the TikTok team finally listened. Now, fortunately, you can have more than one TikTok account. But most users don’t know this feature
Read this article till the end so that you know and learn how to create multiple TikTok accounts without any third party apps.
Create a TikTok Account
Okay, let’s assume that you don’t have a TikTok account and here I will explain the whole process from the ground up. Firstly, download TikTok from the official app store for your device. If you are using Android, use Google Play Store. If you are using an iPhone, use the App Store to download it. Even if you have an account, make sure to download the latest update for TikTok. Otherwise, you will not have the option to have multiple accounts.
Go ahead, follow the instructions below to log into TikTok (for the first time):
- Launch the TikTok app on your phone.
- Play any of the videos on the platform that you see on the home page. This will take you to the registration window.
- You can choose to register with your email address, phone number or any social media platform (Twitter, Instagram or Facebook). Choose any of the methods you prefer, but remember your choice, as it is very important for your next account creation.
- Enter a valid date of birth (You must be 13 years old and above).
- Tap Next when you’re done.
- Enter your email or phone number for account verification. Check the SMS or email that TikTok sent you and copy and paste that code.
- Verify your account and set a password. Confirm the request when finished.
- Finally, you have to complete a simple Captcha and confirm that you are human.
How to Create Multiple TikTok Accounts
By creating multiple TikTok accounts, you will automatically be able to log in to these multiple accounts. Creating that first account is pretty easy, right? If you missed the first part, make sure you have the latest version of TikTok before continuing.
When ready, follow the steps to create your second TikTok account:
- Sign in to TikTok (your first account). Just start the app on your phone and provide the login credentials. This account will be saved and your next login will be automatic.
- Tap on your profile icon on the top right corner of the home screen TikTok (Me).
- Tap on your account name at the top center of your screen.
- Tap the icon plus(+) to add an account.
- You will go through the same registration process as before. See the previous section for instructions. Now, this is the important part, make sure to register with a different email address or mobile number. The registration method is up to you, it doesn’t matter as long as you don’t use the same information.
If you followed my advice above, you should now have two TikTok accounts working on the same device. As I said, make sure not to use the same phone number or email address and you will be fine. My suggestion is to use email to sign up for a second me because you can easily create a free email account.
If you already have multiple email accounts, the process will be easier for you. Note that the maximum number of accounts you can have at any one time is five (at the time of writing this article).
However, keep in mind that if you create multiple accounts on the same device, your profile will be marked as a business account. This means that your account will be prioritized, which can only be countered by seeking more traction. It will not happen if you pay for the ads on your profile.
If you want to have multiple TikTok profiles for yourself, and you are not a business owner or entrepreneur, make sure to use multiple devices (separate accounts on each device).
How to Sign in with Your Other TikTok Account
Finally, this is how you log into your other TikTok account. It’s very easy, just follow these steps:
- Start TikTok on your device.
- Tap me (profile).
- Tap on your account name at the top of the screen.
- Go to the drop-down menu and all your accounts will appear. Select the one you want to enter.
- When you are logged into another account, edit your profile to change the username. You will also have to tap on the three dots at the top right corner of the screen and hit Manage Account to verify your email.
More is Always Better Than One
Hope this article was helpful and provided all the information you need. Remember to always keep your account in a different phone number or email address, and preferably on separate devices too if you can.