How to Edit Audio Online for Free | In a video, audio plays an important role. With the inclusion of audio, the video creates more impact and becomes good. Whether extracting audio from a video or adding a separate audio file to your video, editing audio has become a must to create a good video.
Editing an audio or video file is not an easy task, and the application you use to process audio and video should be able to handle the processing well enough that it doesn’t burden the system. PCs or Laptops with above average specs and hardware can easily edit audio and video, but what if the specs are below average? You can definitely guess that.
Have you ever thought of editing audio without downloading any software? Yes, you can totally do that by using a free online audio editor. In this article, I will share how to edit audio online for free. Editing audio online is a convenient way to include clear footage for video.
Here’s how to edit Audio online and for free:
- To edit audio online, first of all you visit the audio editor site AudioMass from here. I recommend using the Chrome, Firefox, or Chromium Edge browsers.
- Drag & drop the audio file that you want to edit into the app interface. The wavelength will appear to represent the audio file.
- After the file is added, use the tool cut, copy, pasteand enter silence tools to edit it.
- AudioMass also supports several effects for example, Gain, Fade In, Fade Out, compressor, Normalize, Delay, Distortion, Speed Up/Speed Down, etc. Unfortunately, it has no effect on reducing background noise.
- Once you are done editing the audio file, you can download/export it. open File>Export/Download.
- select MP3 or WAV as the format for exporting the edited audio file, select the bitrate, select the channels, and click Export. You can export the whole file or only part of it.
AudioMass is not as good as Audacity in terms of the features it offers but, it can work as a recording tool and is good at that. In fact, the browser can detect the mic easily enough that you can use AudioMass to make quick audio recording setups on the go. There are a lot of features that are lacking when compared to Audacity but for a basic audio editing tool, AudioMass is great.
Video editors have become common on desktop and mobile platforms but the same cannot be said for audio editing apps. Windows 10 comes with the basic video editing tools that are part of the Photos app. Similar tools for editing audio are not available. The voice recorder application on Windows 10 is less than satisfactory and is more suitable for use on mobile devices and not desktops.
If you need to do basic audio editing, AudioMass is the perfect choice for you. You can access it anytime, anywhere, and no installation is required.