How to Overcome WiFi Limited – You may have experienced WiFi problems that suddenly become limited or limited wifi access.
Usually this problem comes in all WiFi networks ranging from office WiFi to public WiFi.
Limited access means that our device cannot receive services or access to the internet through the Wifi network.
Discussion on How to Overcome WiFi Limited
If you look at some cases, the cause of the indihome network being connected but limited is IP addresses that collide with each other.
This happens if the WiFi owner restricts access to only a few users.
How to Overcome WiFi Limited
1. How to Overcome WiFi Limited By Restarting the Router
|How To Overcome WiFi Limited By Restarting The Router|
This method is the simplest way and many people claim to be able to overcome limited WiFi.
Although it may seem less technical, but many people choose the method by restarting the router.
2. How to Overcome WiFi Limited By Changing IP Address
|How To Overcome WiFi Limited By Changing IP Address|
How to overcome WiFi limited windows 10/8/7 by changing the IP address as follows:
- The first solution to solve this problem is to change the IP address. The steps are to enter the “Control Panel” menu then to “Network and Internet” then to “Network and Sharing Center”.
- While under that last option, look for the name of the WiFi you are trying to connect to.
- If the WiFi network has been found, left-click on the WiFi name to enter network settings.
- Next step you will see a small dialog box containing some WiFi network settings. Select the “Properties” button at the bottom.
- After left-clicking “Properties”, there are tons of settings to choose from. At this stage, don’t be confused, just look for the “Internet Protocol Version 4” option. When you make that choice, look below and select “Properties” again.
- Well if it’s all done, you are now in the IP address settings. Fill in the IP address with the address you got from the WiFi provider. And the last step click OK.
3. How to Overcome WiFi Limited Windows 8 By Turning On FIPS
|How to Overcome Windows 8’s Limited WiFi By Turning On FIPS|
How to overcome wifi limited windows 8 is as follows:
- This next method can be tried for Windows 8.1 by entering the “Control Panel” menu. After that go to “Network and Sharing Center”, “Wireless Network Connection” which is the name of the destination WiFi.
- Then go to “Wireless Properties”, “Security” and finally the “Advance Settings” option.
- When you are in the “Advance Setting” settings, put a proper check on “Enable Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS).
- The last step is to try to reconnect your laptop with the destination WiFi network.
4. How to Overcome WiFi Limited Windows 7 Professional By Force Stopping Bonjour Services
|How to Overcome WiFi Limited Windows 7 Professional By Force Stopping Bonjour Services|
How to overcome the limited access wifi windows 7 professional is as follows:
- For this method is more often done on Windows 7. Bonjour is said to be one of the causes of WiFi being limited and the internet being unable to be used at all.
- To force it to stop, click “Start” then “Accessories”. If so, type “service.mcs” then press enter.
- Look for an application that works under the name “Bonjour Service” and double left click on the option.
- Then select “Stop” to stop the program and set it to “Disable” and finally click “OK”.
5. How to Overcome WiFi Limited By Updating Drivers
|How To Overcome WiFi Limited By Updating Drivers|
How to overcome limited WiFi by updating the driver is as follows:
- Usually limited WiFi can also be caused by WiFi drivers that need updating. The trick is to use the search in Start, namely “Device Manager”.
- Once in that menu, look for “Network Adapters” again and click on this option.
- When you have selected and double-clicked, the WiFi driver that is currently installed on your laptop will appear. Select one and right-click and select “Update Driver Software”.
- Next you have to select “Browse my computer for driver software” then to “Let me pick from a list of …” and finally to “Browse”, “Have Disk”. Try some of the existing lists until you can.
The final word
Limited WiFi really irritates a lot of people.
If you already know how to overcome limited access wifi as described above, you no longer need to be upset and can still use the WiFi.
Don’t miss our other articles on how to overcome limited wifi on cellphones.