Whether it’s a home, shop or office, security is of utmost importance. Especially for homes, it becomes the most important discussion that how we can ensure the safety of our homes. As we can see, criminals and other dangerous aspects can harm our family as well as our household items, therefore, it is necessary to be prepared for such things.
If we talk about the sources that can help us ensure the safety of our homes, we can find a number of things today. With increased security, there are various security options available that you can choose for your home.
CCTV Security Cameras are one of the most innovative things ever created by man. These cameras can protect your home, shop, business office, etc. from some serious threats like robbery and theft.
Almost every business person now uses CCTV cameras and this is one of the important things that everyone should consider. However, CCTV security cameras can be expensive and not everyone can afford a security camera. So, if budget restricts you from installing CCTV cameras in your home, office or shop, then you can use your Android phone.
How to Turn an Android Phone Into a CCTV Camera
If you have an old Android phone, then you can turn it into a CCTV camera. To turn your Android into a CCTV camera, you need to use some security camera apps which I will mention below. So, here’s How to Turn an Android Phone Into a CCTV Camera with the help of the best home security apps for Android.
1. AtHome Camera
AtHome Camera is indeed a great Android security app that every Android user would love to have. The great thing about AtHome Camera is that it is available on almost all major platforms like Android, iOS, Mac, Windows, Linux, etc.
This Android app requires two phones to work – one for recording and the other for viewing live broadcasts. Not just that, but with the AtHome Camera desktop client, you can watch up to 4 cameras at once.
How to Use AtHome Camera:
- Step 1: Prepare 2 devices (computer or phone) before you start.
- Step 2: Download the AtHome Camera app and install it on device A, a unique Connection ID (also referred to as CID) will be assigned to device A at the first time.
- Step 3: Download and install AtHome Camera app on device B which you want to use as viewer. Open the app, register and login, select “Add with CID” or “With QR Code” to add device A, now you are ready to enjoy live streaming!
If you are looking for the best home security app for your Android device, then Presence might be the best pick for you. Just like all other home security apps, Presence also allows users to pair two devices to record and stream live footage.
Another best thing about Presence is that it is completely free to use and there are no in-app purchases.
How to Use Presence:
- Install the Presence app.
- Add Local Camera. Once you are in the Mobile app, tap on “this camera”. …
- Don’t turn off or lock your device! If you lock your device, turn it off, or exit the Camera, then your device is no longer a WiFi video camera.
- Enable motion detection. …
- Add security device!
3. IP Webcam
IP Webcam is another popular Android home security app on this list which you can use. The most interesting thing about IP Webcam is that it turns your device into a remote camera. The app does show some ads, and can record real-time videos.
What makes this app even more interesting is its VLC player support. Guess what? IP Webcam can display live video streams right in the VLC media player.
How to Use IP Webcam:
- Connect your android device to your WIFI.
- Install IP Webcam on your android device.
- Start the IP Webcam application. See Video preferences and set the video resolution to a smaller format (eg 640×480).
- Press “Start Server” at the bottom of the main menu.
- Start iSpy, click Add – IP Camera with wizard (or see wizard tab if using iSpyPro).
4. Salient Eyes
Salient Eye is the fourth best Android security camera app in this list which is quite popular on Google Play Store. Salient Eye is capable enough to turn your Android device into a surveillance camera. After setting up Salient Eye, just place your Android device anywhere and it will record everything.
What’s interesting about Salient Eye is that it can capture images and sound an alarm to scare off intruders.
How to Use Salient Eye:
- Install SalientEye.
- Choose the alarm you want
- Place your Android device anywhere and it will record everything.
When we think of home security applications, Reolink is always considered as the most efficient and reliable security application, especially for home security. It can work with no configuration camera.
It allows you to view live video clips anytime and anywhere. Nowadays, many people use this home security app to ensure the safety of their home.
Red thread: So, those were the 5 best Android home security apps that you can use right now. If you know of any other apps like this, let me know in the comment box below. I hope this article helped you! Also share it with your friends.