How to turn off comments on IG stories – Story is one of the most used features of this application, most users when opening Instagram, the first thing to do is view the instastory.
Moreover, if there is the latest snapgram from your idol artist, enemy, friend or partner, you will immediately open it to see the contents of the instastory.
This has become a habit for social media users who like to be curious and want to know about other people’s lives.
For example, when user followers, friends or partners post interesting stories, and contain elements of hatred, surely some people want to comment on it.
Whether it’s commenting with positive or negative things, such as blaspheming, cornering. It comes back again depending on the story that is shared.
It’s the same with the story that you will share, it certainly doesn’t escape the comments of friends, followers or hatters.
If you are an Instagram user, you must have experienced this. But you don’t need to worry because we will share the solution, namely by disabling IG story comments.
Discussion on how to turn off comments on IG stories
If you are one of these problems, then you must know how to disable comments on stories on your Instagram account.
As for how to disable comments on your IG story easily, like the following way.
How to turn off comments on IG stories
1. How to Disable Comments on IG Stories via Settings
|How To Disable Comments On IG Stories Through Settings|
Instagram always provides interesting features that can make its users comfortable, especially there are privacy features that you can use.
You can set comment privacy for instastory or instagram account posts via the settings menu.
To set the Instagram account instastory, you can find a way to disable the comments column on the IG instastory in the help center or through settings.
You can do the following method if you don’t know how to disable comments on your IG story, follow the steps below:
- Open the Instagram application via your Smartphone.
- Then, go to the Instagram profile page.
- Then, select the three lines to open the menu.
- Then select the Settings menu.
- After that, go to the Privacy menu > Stories.
- Then select the disable comments option on the “Allow Message Replies” option.
- After that now other Instagram users cannot respond to your story because the quick response comment column will not appear.
2. How to Disable Comments on IG Stories via Instastory
|How to Disable Comments on IG Stories via Instastory|
The method that can be used to disable comments on the next IG Story is through the direct Instagram story feature, this method only requires the Instagram application and a stable internet network connection.
- Log in to your Instagram application.
- Then, select the Instagram feature at the top.
- Then, tap the gear icon to enter the story settings.
- Select “Off” in the “Allow Message Replies” option.
- If it is successful, your Instastory cannot be commented on by anyone, including yourself.
- Meanwhile, if you select the People you follow option, then the comments column only appears for people you follow on your Instagram account.
The final word
If you are looking for a way to disable comments on your Instagram account instastory, we have provided several ways that you can practice.
If you often upload or post photos or videos that are inappropriate for viewing, we recommend that you don’t upload them, because they can provoke people to make negative comments or scorn you.
To prevent that, you should make the post private or only certain people can see it.
So you need to make sure first before practicing or doing the tutorial above.