In this tutorial I will share how to make a photo into a painting with the help of an application called PortraitAI. Similar to Instagram filters, this PortraitAI app can turn photos into paintings. From Munch’s Scream to the geometric genius of Mondrian, this artistic effect filter app is easy to use and available for mobile and desktop.
PortraitAI is one of the most popular and full-featured apps for turning photos into paintings. It’s also free for iOS and Android. Although all applications use the same algorithm, the way it is implemented in the PortraitAI application is different.
This app seems to focus on 18th century portraits painted by AI and has more than 300 styles. PortraitAI app works like AI Face Photo Editor which completely redraws your selfie with portrait for new avatar.
Also read: 5 Best Free Animated Photo Apps for Android
How to Turn a Photo Into a Painting
In order to convert photos into paintings, first download the PortraitAI application. For Android you can download from hereand for iOS you can download from here.
PortraitAI is also available in a web version. You can use this service through the https://portraitai.app website if you are lazy to install the PortraitAI program. However, if you feel more comfortable using the app version of PortraitAI, you can download it directly from Play Store and AppStore from the link I shared above.
There are more features in this PortraitAI app than in the website version. With the PortraitAI app, you can take a picture/photo instantly and turn it into a painting. How to use PortraitAI app as shown below:
- Open the PortraitAI application, then you can select the image you want to make a painting by pressing the button Gallery.
- Enable PortraitAI to access your phone files, then you just need to choose which image to convert into a painting.
- Wait a while before your photo turns into a typical 18th century painting.
- You can then click the button Download to save image to Gallery in PortraitAI app.
Also read: 9 Best Free Online Photo Editors | Edit Photos Online
If you want to use the web version, here’s how to use the PortratAI web App to turn an image into a painting:
- To start turning your photos into 18th century portraits, visit the PortraitAI App website at https://portraitai.app/.
- You can press the button Upload a Selfie after logging into the PortraitAI site.
- Then you just select the photo that you want to turn into a traditional painting from the 18th century.
- You can tap the photo and click the button Download Image to save it If the photos that have been converted into paintings are out.
That’s how to make a photo into a painting with the help of an application called PortraitAI. Hopefully the tutorial above is useful for you. Thank you for visiting and don’t forget to share it with your friends too.