How to use JioMeet | JioMeet is a new video conferencing platform launched by Reliance. It can be said as a new alternative to Enlarge the competition among many video conferencing platforms nowadays. On JioMeet, you can host meetings with up to 100 participants for 24 hours non-stop.
It has almost all the features an existing free video conferencing platform should have. You can share screens, schedule meetings and share meetings by invitation, password protect meetings, create groups, activate safe driving mode, and do a lot more. For now, the app is only available for Android but will be released for other platforms in the coming days.
The UI of this app is similar to Zoom and you can create a new meeting in a few taps or join using a meeting ID or URL. It is a secure video calling app where you can protect the meeting room with a password. Apart from video conferencing, you can use it for 1:1 video calls and even create group chats. This app is lightweight, you can register by phone number or email address. This app is very simple and perfect for both professional and individual use.
How to use JioMeet on your Android Phone?
In order to be able to use JioMeet, first of all you install this app from Google Play Store by searching for it. Or, you can use this link and then simply open it. You can proceed with the registration process and then you will be redirected to the main UI.
The main UI is very simple and here you can easily create a meeting and then invite teammates or friends. After inviting, you just have to wait for them to join and then proceed with the meeting.
In a meeting, you have a screen sharing feature which you can use to present items from your phone. The share option is in the call and when you share the screen, a popup appears at the bottom. You can take a look at the screenshot below to see how it works.
Next, there are several meeting settings that you can customize. For example, if you want to mute people’s entry, lock the meeting who want to change the meeting topic, then you can do it from meeting settings. Slide the individual switches there and save changes by tapping “Done“.
Some Good Features of JioMeet:
- HD Audio and Video Quality for teams and 1:1 meetings.
- Create new meetings instantly with friends using contacts or by inviting.
- Easily schedule meetings and share details with attendees in advance.
- It has an active speaker display mode like the leading video conferencing platforms.
- Unlimited meetings per day and meetings can be held for 24 hours.
- You can protect the meeting room with a password.
- Has a ‘Waiting Room’ feature to ensure no one attends a meeting without the host’s permission.
- It supports groups and you can start calling/chatting in one tap.
- It has a built-in screen sharing option that allows you to help collaborate with participants.
- It has ‘Safe Driving Mode’ when enabled, video will be disabled to avoid distraction.
- JioMeet is on Android for now but will be available on Windows, iOS, Mac, and SIP/H.323 systems.
- It supports Multi-device login and you can login to 5 devices.
- Lets you switch from one device to another while you are on a call.
That’s how you can use this nice simple video conferencing app. The design is very good and it has almost all the features that you can expect. Overall, I really like the functionality, and I’m waiting for the Window version to use it on my PC.
Red Thread | If you are already using some other video conferencing platforms then I would suggest you to try JioMeet as well. Some advanced meeting features like “Raise Hand” are not here, but you will still like the other features it offers. The main UI of the app looks very similar to Zoom but I think that’s okay.