In 2022, Xiaomi sub-brand POCO was launched with its first POCO F1 phone. The aggressive pricing of a phone with flagship-level hardware is its selling point. Recently, POCO launched the POCO F2 Pro. The phone is back with some flagship-level hardware, and it costs half as much as other flagships.
Today I will review the advantages and disadvantages of the Xiaomi POCO F2 Pro cellphone along with its price. Before going any further, it would be nice to know the specifications of this Xiaomi POCO F2 Pro phone.
HP Xiaomi POCO F2 Pro Specifications
The Xiaomi POCO F2 Pro looks identical to the Redmi K30 Pro, and pretty much the same in terms of hardware. The POCO F2 Pro has Qualcomm’s latest 5G processor, Snapdragon 865, coupled with high-speed LPDDR5 RAM, from 6 to 8 GB, and the top-end 256 GB variant comes with ultrafast UFS 3.1 storage options. It has a powerful Adreno 650 GPU alongside the new 2.0 liquid cooling. In addition, this phone is also equipped with a 3.5mm headphone jack.
The phone has an aluminum frame with a glass body on the back which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. The POCO F2 Pro has a 6.67-inch 1080p super AMOLED display, which also has HDR10+ certification. The display has an aspect ratio of 20:9 and comes with a pixel density of 395 Pixels per inch (PPI). It has an in-display optical fingerprint scanner. The front camera has a pop-up mechanism, so there is no screen distraction and the screen-to-body ratio is around 87%. The screen is also protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
The POCO F2 Pro runs Android 10 on top of MIUI 11 out of the box. It has its own POCO launcher too. The phone has a dual sim option as well. A approx. 4700 mAh battery which can be fully charged from 0-100% in about 63 minutes from the 30w charger included in the box. It weighs about 219 grams. The phone is an IP53 splash-resistant phone, meaning you can’t submerge it in water in any way.
As far as the camera is concerned, the POCO F2 Pro features a quad camera setup consisting of a 64 MP main camera, then a 5 MP Macro telephoto lens followed by a 13 MP ultrawide lens with a 123° field of view and there is a 2 MP depth sensor. It has a dual-tone DUAL-LED flash along with HDR support. The phone can shoot 8K video at 24 or 30 fps and 4K at 60 fps along with 1080 at 30/60/120/240fps. The phone also has a slo-mo video recording option which records at [email protected] The POCO F2 Pro features a gyro-based EIS for video stabilization. On the front, the POCO F2 Pro sports a massive 20MP pop-up camera. The front camera also has 120fps slow motion video recording capabilities.
The phone has 6 dual-band WIFI and Bluetooth 5.1. It also packs dual-band A-GPS and NFC for payments using Google Pay. POCO F2 Pro has all necessary sensors like proximity, gyro, compass. The phone comes in Neon Blue, Phantom White, Electric Purple, and Cyber Gray color options.
Disadvantages of HP Xiaomi POCO F2 Pro
- HP Xiaomi POCO F2 Pro does not have an external memory microsd slot, therefore we cannot expand our storage.
- The front camera of the Xiaomi POCO F2 Pro does not have an LED flash. How to take pictures in a room with low light? We can use the brightness of the LED to help take photos in dark areas.
- Xiaomi POCO F2 Pro does not have stereo speakers, but if we want to get a stereo sound system, then we can use the 3.5 mm headphone jack to connect this phone to other external audio sources.
- Xiaomi POCO F2 Pro battery is not removable. This is a high-end flagship smartphone. So of course the unibody body design with no removable battery option. If there is a problem with the battery, we have to take it to an authorized Xiaomi service center.
- The Xiaomi POCO F2 Pro body is not waterproof. So as much as possible do not get exposed to water.
The advantages of HP Xiaomi POCO F2 Pro
- HP Xiaomi POCO F2 Pro has a large internal memory and RAM. The Non Pro version uses 128 GB of storage with 6 GB of RAM and 256 GB of storage with 8 GB of RAM.
- Xiaomi POCO F2 Pro has multiple cameras on the back with 64 MP f / 1.9 for standard width + 5 MP f / 2.2 for telephoto + 13 MP f / 2.4 for ultrawide + 2 MP f / 2.4 for DOF Portrait Blur.
- Xiaomi POCO F2 Pro still has a 3.5mm headphone jack, we can connect our phone to a headphone jack or a headset or an external audio power source.
- The Xiaomi POCO F2 Pro uses a Super AMOLED screen type for a brightly colored display.
- The Xiaomi POCO F2 Pro LCD screen resolution already has Full HD + with 1080 x 2400 pixels.
- Xiaomi POCO F2 Pro has a large battery capacity at 4700 mAh which is very important to make this phone work longer before recharging.
Is the XIAOMI POCO F2 PRO worth buying?
HP XIAOMI POCO F2 PRO is equipped with advanced features including an extraordinary body design, processor and camera. The phone also has a large battery capacity at 4700 mAh with 30W fast charging technology, we can charge it from empty to 64% in just 30 minutes and for a 100% full charger it will take about 1 hour. This phone works with 5G broadband. I recommend buying this phone.
Xiaomi POCO F2 Pro HP Price
At the global launch, the price of the 6GB/128GB Poco F2 Pro variant is priced at 499 euros or around Rp. 8 million, while the 8 GB/256 GB variant is sold at a price of 599 euros or the equivalent of Rp. 9.6 million.