Here are some summaries of the advantages and disadvantages of the Samsung M01. The Samsung Galaxy M01 phone was released in June 2022 with Android 10 as the factory default operating system. There are three colors with Black, Blue and Red. I will also review the specifications and prices of the Samsung Galaxy M01 phone.
Advantages of Samsung Galaxy M01
- The Samsung Galaxy M01 phone has been equipped with external memory. We can still use dual simcard along with external memory MircoSD / MicroSDXC.
- Samsung Galaxy M01 already uses Android 10.0. This is the latest Android version when this phone is released in the market.
- The Samsung Galaxy M01 has a dual main camera on the back side of the body with 13 MP f / 2.2 for standard width + 2 MP f / 2.4 for DOF. The secondary camera is used to get the Bokeh effect in portrait photos.
- The Samsung Galaxy M01 still has a 3.5mm headphone jack. We can connect with external audio devices.
- The Samsung Galaxy M01 has a large 4000 mAh battery.
Disadvantages of Samsung Galaxy M01
- The front camera of the Samsung Galaxy M01 does not have an LED flash. The front camera is located on the top screen with a drop notch for the 5 megapixel camera. If we want to get more light, use LCD brightness light.
- The body of the Samsung Galaxy M01 is not waterproof.
- The Samsung Galaxy M01 phone does not have an Infra Red sensor. Having an IR blaster is essential for replacing multiple remote controls. However, there are only a few Samsung products that use infrared sensors.
- The Samsung Galaxy M01 battery is not removable. The phone uses a unibody design, therefore we can’t find a battery cover. If this phone is having problem with battery, then we have to ask Samsung authorized service center to replace with original battery.
- Samsung Galaxy M01 does not have wireless charging technology. Wireless charging is usually available in high-end smartphones.
- The Samsung Galaxy M01 does not have an NFC data connection. Wireless payments require NFC for data transfer, but we can’t use it on this phone.
Samsung Galaxy M01 Specifications
The Samsung Galaxy M01 cellphone uses a Qualcomm SDM439 Snapdragon 439 processor with a special Adreno 505 GPU. This processor is designed for entry-level smartphones. Manufactured with 12nm FinFET technology. If we use heavy applications, the processor provides a maximum clock speed of 1.95 Ghz, while for light applications it uses 1.45 Ghz with Qualcomm Hexagon 536 DSP technology. When we use 4G LTE broadband, this phone can deliver 150 Mbps downstream and 75 Mbps upstream for any Internet activities such as video streaming, gaming and other work.
As far as the cameras are concerned, the Samsung Galaxy M01 on the back packs a 13-megapixel main camera with an f/2.2 aperture and a second 2-megapixel camera with an f/2.4 aperture. The rear camera setup has auto focus. On the front, there is a 5 megapixel camera for selfies, with an aperture of f / 2.4.
The phone uses a 5.7-inch PLS TFT with Infinity-V Display design, working with HD resolution at 720 x 1520 pixels. We can’t play Full HD video streams from Youtube or other streaming media without lag, but having HD videos is more than enough to view on a 5.7″ screen. Dolby Atmos technology is used in the Samsung Galaxy M01 to provide a better video experience.
Connectivity options on the Samsung Galaxy M01 include Wi-Fi, GPS, USB OTG, Micro-USB, FM radio, 3G, and 4G. Sensors on the phone include the accelerometer and proximity sensor. Samsung Galaxy M01 supports face unlock.
Since this is a cheap entry level smartphone, we can’t find a fingerprint sensor on the body. But there are some factory-built security protections to choose from, including a face unlock feature using the 5-megapixel front selfie camera.
Price of Samsung Galaxy M01
For now, the Samsung Galaxy M01 has just been officially marketed in India. So, its presence in Indonesia is still uncertain. The Samsung Galaxy M01 is available in Black, Blue, and Red color variants. With a capacity of 32 GB / 3 GB RAM, the price of the Samsung Galaxy M01 is priced at INR 8,999 (around Rp. 1.6 million).
Is the Samsung Galaxy M01 worth buying?
If we want to use a smartphone that is smaller than 6 inches, then this phone is a good choice, because it has a 5.7 inch LCD screen size. The Snapdragon processor is a boon for doing standard activities using Android 10. Some users might feel uncomfortable with this performance, but for an entry level budget smartphone, the Samsung Galaxy M01 is worth checking out.