The following is a summary of the advantages and disadvantages of the SAMSUNG GALAXY M21 along with prices and specifications. The SAMSUNG GALAXY M21 uses an Infinity-U Display with a small indentation at the top of the front screen with a Super AMOLED LCD type for better color display. The Samsung Galaxy M21 is one of the entry-level budget segments that is the successor to last year’s Galaxy M20 model.
The SAMSUNG GALAXY M21 looks almost identical to the Galaxy M20 except for a few changes. Now, speaking of changes, you will see triple rear cameras, Infinity-U display, large battery, etc. Before we get into the advantages and disadvantages of the SAMSUNG GALAXY M21, it helps you also know the specifications of the Galaxy M21.
Specifications of SAMSUNG GALAXY M21
The smartphone is equipped with a 6.4-inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080×2340 pixels. It features Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, max brightness 420 nits. It’s powered by an octa-core Exynos 9611 SoC, coupled with a Mali-G72 MP3 GPU, 4GB/6GB RAM, 64GB/128GB onboard storage along with a dedicated microSD card slot.
It packs a triple rear camera setup with 48MP (wide, f/2.0) + 8MP (ultrawide, f/2.2) + 5MP (depth, f/2.2) lens equipped with PDAF, HDR, Panorama, LED flash, etc. The device sports a 20MP (wide, f/2.0) selfie camera that features HDR, Portrait mode, etc. It is backed by a 6,000 mAh battery with support for 15W fast charging.
In terms of connectivity options, the device has Wi-Fi 802.11 dual-band / b / g / n / ac, Bluetooth 5.0, 3.5mm audio jack, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, FM Radio, RDS, FM recording, USB Type-C port, etc. On the other hand, there is a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, gyro, ambient light sensor, accelerometer, proximity, compass sensor, etc.
Disadvantages of SAMSUNG GALAXY M21
- The body of the SAMSUNG GALAXY M21 is not waterproof.
- The front camera of the SAMSUNG GALAXY M21 does not have an LED flash to help take pictures in dimly lit rooms. We can use the brightness of the LCD to help take photos in low light situations.
- SAMSUNG GALAXY M21 does not have an Infra Red sensor which can usually make our cellphones a remote control. But not very important.
- The SAMSUNG GALAXY M21 battery is not removable. We can’t have a spare battery for longer use, but this phone has fast charging. If the battery is problematic, we must take it to a Samsung authorized service center for replacement.
- SAMSUNG GALAXY M21 does not have wireless charging technology. Wireless charging is usually available in high-end smartphones.
- SAMSUNG GALAXY M21 does not have NFC data connection. NFC is usually used for data transfer or wireless payment systems.
The advantages of SAMSUNG GALAXY M21
- SAMSUNG GALAXY M21 has dedicated external memory, therefore we don’t need to change network sim card if we want to use MicroSD card.
- SAMSUNG GALAXY M21 already uses Android 10.0 as factory default operating system. When this phone was released, it was the latest version of Android.
- The SAMSUNG GALAXY M21 has three main cameras on the back with 48 MP f / 2.0 for standard wide + 8 MP f / 2.2 for Ultrawide + 5 MP f / 2.2 for DOF. For daily activities, we can use the standard width. For portraits, we can use 5 megapixels for Bokeh or blur effects.
- The SAMSUNG GALAXY M21 still has a 3.5mm headphone jack. Easy to connect with our current headset.
- SAMSUNG GALAXY M21 has dedicated external MicroSD memory card slot for storing other files such as photos and videos.
- SAMSUNG GALAXY M21 has a huge 6000 mAh battery to make it work longer. Having a large battery is very important nowadays for work or pleasure.
Other Considerations SAMSUNG GALAXY M21
The SAMSUNG GALAXY M21 has 15W fast charging with a USB Type-C port and also has a low price when compared to its specifications. With a large battery capacity, we can use this phone to listen to music for about 130 hours and can play movies for about 1 day if the brightness is not too high.
The SAMSUNG GALAXY M21 has a good quality triple rear vertical camera with 48 MP f / 2.0 for wide + 8 MP f / 2.2 for Ultrawide + 5 MP f / 2.2 for DOF. The front camera uses 20 megapixels for selfie photos or videos. We can also use the front camera to recognize the face lock.
Is the SAMSUNG GALAXY M21 worth buying?
With a large 6000 mAh battery capacity, beautiful Full LCD screen design at 6.4 inches and ample internal memory starting with 64 GB and 128 GB, then this phone is recommended to buy.
SAMSUNG GALAXY M21 price
In India alone, the Samsung Galaxy M21 is sold at a price of 12,999 rupees or the equivalent of Rp. 2.6 million. The price is quite affordable for specifications like this.
At a price of 2 million, you have got a 48 MP camera with a jumbo 6,000 mAh battery, 15 watt fast charging, and a powerful chipset. The price of the Samsung Galaxy M21 in Indonesia is likely to be priced at Rp. 2.6 million.